1. Participants must be 16 years of age or older on June 9, 2018. Those under the age of 18 will require a Parent/Guardian signature on the waiver form.
2. Participants age 12 to 15 will be accepted IF their partner is 18 years of age or older. The age of the participant is calculated on June 9, 2018. Participants under the age of 18 will require a Parent/Guardian signature on the waiver form.
The Rotary Club of Wiarton Amazing Race is a potentially hazardous activity. Participants must be physically able to traverse rough terrain and be medically able to participate in physical activity.
Spectators are welcome. There will be free parking at Regal Point Elk Farm. From the farm property spectators will be able to view a good portion of the race and will be able to observe the competitors as they cross the finish line.
1. To register for this event, each team must make a MINIMUM donation of $100 ($90 for the Early Bird) to the Rotary Club of Wiarton. This donation must be made online or in person at the time of registration. A team is NOT registered until a minimum of $100 ($90 for the Early Bird) in donations is received. There are NO refunds. However, the names of the participants may change. Please just inform us of name changes prior to June 9, 2018.
2. In ADDITION to the above donation teams are strongly encouraged to get sponsors. Sponsors may also make donations online OR the participants may download the pledge form and collect cheques or cash.
3. Donations are NOT eligible for a charitable donation receipt. However, the money will be used to support The Rotary Club of Wiarton's many projects.
What does Rotary do?
Well, for starters....The Rotary Club of Wiarton....
Built the boardwalk along the waterfront at Bluewater Park
Annually sponsors a Big Band to entertain the residents at Gateway Haven
Installed the playground equipment at Bluewater Park
Led the community fundraising efforts to upgrade the Peninsula Community Foodbank facility.
Installed the viewing platform at the pool in Bluewater Park
Sponsors an Interact Club at Peninsula Shores District School
Partnered with the town to install the Splash pad at Bluewater Park
Supports the local hospitals
Every fall takes local seniors on a scenic tour of the area
Sponsors the float that carries SANTA CLAUS in the Wiarton Santa Claus Parade
Provides a scholarship to a student graduating from PSDS to continue studies at the post-secondary level.
Built the fence at the Kids Den Daycare
Routinely supports the 4H Club, Scouts, Nursery School and others
Sponsors the French Graduation Award for PSDS Elementary
Currently has local students living in France and South Korea for a year on an exchange
Currently is sponsoring a student from Japan to live in our community for a year
Sponsors a bus to pick up local seniors and take them to the grocery store every Wed.
Sponsors an annual Environmental Award for students at PSDS Secondary
Supports local Literacy Programs
There are many more local groups and activities that have been supported by the Rotary Club of Wiarton in recent years. In addition, we support global initiatives such as the eradication of polio, providing shelter after disasters and providing clean water to villages in Cameroon.
Even our fundraisers are designed to provide enjoyment for local families.
Annually we organize....
The Wiarton Rotary Village Fair on the long weekend in August
The Maple Magic Pancake Breakfast at the Regal Point Elk Farm, on the last two weekends in March, with LOTS of activities
The Trivia Night in January
and The Amazing Race!!
If you would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org